get trained online to teach pregnancy and mom & baby exercise classes!
The Oh Baby! Fitness® Prenatal and Postpartum Training is a web-based, self-guided course unlike any other because it's a complete training manual available online — pictures, illustrations and demonstration videos are included in the text! Instructors will have online access immediately after purchase and will be able to download and work through the course at their own pace.
This comprehensive course will teach you how to assess clients at any stage of pregnancy or postpartum and create an appropriate fitness program based on ACOG guidelines.
You will learn:
- The science behind how pregnancy affects women’s bodies during and after pregnancy, and how these changes relate to exercise programs and physical activity.
- A variety of exercise modalities and modifications designed specifically for pregnant and postpartum women.
- To develop safe, effective and fun exercise programs that can be customized to meet the physiological and psychological needs of each individual client.
- How to effectively communicate with clients to describe the physical changes pre-and postnatal women undergo, and offer exercises that foster a healthier pregnancy and ease recovery.
- How to assess each client’s needs based on pregnancy trimester and/or fitness level, and how to modify exercises to correspond with their physical needs throughout pregnancy and beyond.
After completing the course, you will hold a specialty certificate in pre/postnatal fitness. You will be able to:
- modify normal population exercises for pre/postnatal clients
- assess women as they come into your class based on their trimester and fitness level
- help women self-check for abdominal separation and teach rehab
- teach transverse abdominal core and pelvic floor strengthening exercises
- explain to clients what pre/postnatal exercise looks like and when a client can return to normal exercise
- talk conversationally about the changes women experience during pregnancy and postpartum and how exercise can help create alleviate most common complaints and make stronger, healthier moms.
Oh Baby! Fitness Prenatal & Postpartum Online Training and Exam: $185
includes: 100-page, online manual with illustrations, pictures and 30+ minutes of instructional demonstration videos (estimated time to complete is 16 hours) and exam.
Zeynep: 5/2019: Really great course! Explains everything that a woman goes through during pregnancy. Informative and practical.
Patricia: 3/2019: Loved learning all of this and can't wait to practice it!
Candace: 1/2019 This course was extremely helpful to understand how to properly train and support pregnancy and postpartum clients. I feel better equipped to support my clients in a variety of exercise modalities and better meet their needs.
Julia: 12/2018 Excellent course! Covers a lot and answers all of your questions. Highly recommend!
Caroline: 3/2018 The material was well written and easy to follow along with. I am currently 25 weeks pregnant with my second and I felt like the material presented fit well into what I experienced in my first pregnancy and in my current pregnancy now. I was worried the material would not be that up to date - only because I previously searched for an ACE pregnancy related course and it looked extremely outdated! This material is updated! The research studies presented referenced studies from 2015. I also have to mention that the videos from the Oh Baby Fitness instructor were very informational and brought the reading material to life.
Barbara: 2/2018 The best course ever! thank you!
Jennifer 11/2017 I’m a nurse and currently pregnant and your program is truly inspiring! I love how your certification program is challenging, practical and based on best practice, so rare to find a program like yours! Thank you again for creating a wonderful program! It truly will change my own practice and what I promote to the community.
Kimberly 3/2017 I LOVED this course. Once I finally sat down to get through it, I couldn't stop. It was wonderfully put together and I have joked with some of my friends that I learned more about pregnancy during this course than I did while I was actually pregnant.